Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Cure

I borrowed this quote from Jane Perdue's (@hrgoddess on Twitter) Twitter stream:

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Dinesen

Why does this quote speak to me?
- Is it the fact that I enjoy gardening/landscaping (and the sweat equity that goes with these activities) as a means of "escape"?
- Is it the psychological condition I find myself in these days before Easter?
- Is it my love of the sea, travel, exploring new places (whether by boat or on foot)?

Maybe the correct answer (like in many multiple choice questions) is "all of the above."

2 comments:

  1. Hello, John! Remember what Adam's punishment was? To earn his bread by the sweat of his brow. So you could say that sweating is equal to living. Another useful quote, related to this sticky and sometimes smelly secretion, is that by Thomas Edison, that "success is 2 percent inspiration and 98 percent perspiration".
    I hope you and your family have a very happy and inspiring Easter! Kali Anastasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antoni - Xristos Anesti! Elpizw na perasate kalo Pasxa.
    I like the way you define it: sweating = living

    ReplyDelete