Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friend Request

I was talking to the incoming class of Sustainability MBA students at Duquesne University yesterday about the approaches Bayer MaterialScience is taking towards Sustainability and after fielding their questions, I mentioned that they could reach out to me via social media for any questions that might arise in the future.
I got a few strange looks - like, "aren't you a bit old to be using social media?"

Well, the truth is that I now use social media more than ever - and statistics indicate that this domain, which used to belong to the young, is now being embraced more and more by their parents (people my age).
As I have begun to understand and use the privacy controls on Facebook for example, I have been expanding my friends and contacts lists (each groups only sees the content I want them to see).
I always get a kick when I see: "you have X new friend requests" and I check-out the profiles of the people who have sent me these requests.

It really brought a smile to my face therefore, when I recently saw this picture:
Why shouldn't the church also adopt humor and modern communication pathways for getting its message out?

By the way, here is a link to my profile on Facebook (feel free to send me a friend request):
Gianni's profile

No comments:

Post a Comment