Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Snow?

It was painful getting to work today -- Pittsburgh received 8 inches (20 cm) of snow last night and clearing the driveway to move my car out on the street (which took a LONG time) was the easy part of the morning's experience (temp. was 19F or -7C). 
School was canceled at 6 am, which is when I started the shoveling.

Once the driveway was clear and the car was uncovered from the snow, I pulled into my neighborhood streets which were surprisingly clear of snow and ice (the local road crews had done a magnificent job). 
Then came the hair-raising task of navigating the ice-covered highway to get to work.
I can't remember seeing so many cars that had spun-off the roads in all my years in Pittsburgh.
The snow plow operators and the tow truck drivers will be working overtime to get things back to normal !

And to think that we had 60F (15C) last Friday and thoughts of Spring were in the air ...

No comments:

Post a Comment