Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter has Arrived

We woke up to 30F (around -1C) this morning and the weatherman was talking about all the rain from the last 24 hours changing to snow later in the day.
I didn't pay much attention ... I was running late.
Then I stepped outside and noticed the landscape was covered in white.
I snapped a quick picture of my car in the dark, before clearing off the light blanket of wet snow.



The commute in to work was a bit sloppy and the traffic was pretty snarled.
Thankfully there were no accidents or cars that had driven off the road.

First "snow-on-the-ground" of the cold season on the first day of December.
I must admit it looks pretty.
Ask me how I feel about the snow in a couple of months though, and I might have a slightly different opinion...

Even though technically there are still a few weeks left in autumn, I would like to wish everyone a "Good Winter" (Kalo Xeimwna in Greek).

2 comments:

  1. Kalo Xeimwna, Gianni! Emeis akoma exoume poly-poly kalo kairo. Ola ta alla einai kapws asxima kai dyskola alla o kairos mas symponaei.
    Se xairetw
    Stavroula

    ReplyDelete
  2. se euxaristw Stavroula - episis kai se esas
    ta akouw ta nea sas kai lypamai - elpizw na ftia3i i katastasi syntoma

    ReplyDelete